My Photo
Name:
Location: chico, california

10 June 2005

you've got the moves, the shoes, the do-- you've got me

"I often wonder if the girl I marry will be like the girls I fell in love with in my youth; b movies, late night tv, the photos I kept hidden under my bed (my princess and the pea). It will be interesting to resolve whether lust or love becomes the stronger vice." --such a pretty little thing--

I fall for girls like a third grader. Most of the obvious comparisons are in the seduction...the awkward glance, the insult, the sensual nature of rock throwing and hair pulling. I am such a charmer.

However, I have recently discovered why I act the way I do (at least in this regard). It seems that for me, the chase is everything. Its not as though I don't know what to do once the attraction is mutual (although some might beg to differ), but the truth is that I really don't care. I prefer (and sometimes even long for) the unattainable. People fall for each other all the time...simultaneous attraction is boring at best. Attraction should be tripped and stumbled over, completely ungraceful. A conversation here, an argument there, the accidental brushing of skin, the occasional spilled drink...the imperfection of a schoolboy crush.

I have developed way more than my fair share of crushes over the years. Like badges of honor, I remember most of them fondly (even more so when the girls wanted nothing to do with me), taking them out from time to time in order to polish them up or whatever. I cling to some of them incessantly...barnacles on the bottom of an old sailing barge. Some nights (whether from alcohol, boredom, or both) I will pick up the phone and call girls that I haven't talked to in years, just to see if any of the awkwardness still exists. But it never really does. I guess that even third grade lust becomes stagnant after awhile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting....

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home