My Photo
Name:
Location: chico, california

24 August 2005

visiting small in a big town

Yesterday I drove (rode) to San Francisco with the three best looking dudes in Chico to watch the best band in the world open up for three bands that aren't so much the best bands in the world. Granted, I had to brave six hours of Ben's driving to make the trip...but as far as I can tell, I came back fairly unscathed (except for the late night sodomy...shhhh).

It felt great to leave town and go a place where people aren't as clever, there are no trees, and the drinks are twice as expensive. Because the truth is, blowing 50 bucks in San Francisco on stuff that would have cost 10 dollars in Chico makes coming home at 4 a.m. feel that much better.

Not to give out the impression that trips to the city are all about spending money that you don't have on stuff that you don't need, I will enlighten you with amazing tales of life-changing events...or maybe just list them. Somewhere in between homeless Marvin (Jackson, Mississippi), Judi's Place, the art of vagrant poetry, destroying the hunger incurred by the evildoer, Number One Gun all access hook-up (yay!), hey do you want to feel my bump?, hiding in the trailer to ward off the wind, peacoat thievery, ipod sing along, backstage myspacing, and Chico boy show stealers, I realized that yesterday was the best day I have had in forever (always forever).

ps...if anyone wants to head out to Butter with myself and the Sherwood lookalike on some random Tuesday night, call me up. That place slays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home