My Photo
Name:
Location: chico, california

27 June 2005

Idaho, is calling you home

Joel Kliebe is going to die in two days. Probably (and hopefully) not in any literal sense, but for all intents and purposes, Joelboy will soon be dead to the Chico world. I am fairly certain that most of him died last night...somewhere in between the one hundred and ten dollar bar tab we conquered at Tres Hombres and the godonlyknowshowmuch tab that conquered us at LaSalles. But for what its worth, the momo went out on top. King of the world.

Certain memories have been replaying themselves in my head all day. On hands and knees, building fish traps out of gravel and mud along the banks of the Sacramento River. Hiking through Five Mile, researching places to film our ten dollar remake of Lord of the Rings. Mourning the death of Face to Face in Normal St (even though you screwed up the songs toward the end). Running through the frat-filled streets of Chico at 3 am, chasing helicopter search lights. And on and on and on...

But sadly, the most vivid memories are also some of the most painful ones. We crashed and burned with the best of them. But hopefully in the end, that isn't how I'll remember it.

I hope you know that I'll miss you, Joel. You mean the world to me and I need you here more than you know. Come home soon.

"And yet I feel the most real home I'll ever have is the space where our roads merged and traveled along together...for a time." --Craig Thompson, 'Goodbye, Chunky Rice'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh, We had a great young adult hood together... I think it could be said that you were the last person to witness my death roll of youth. Thanks for being the truest friend I ever had.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home